Friday, November 7, 2008

been a bit busy...but blessings still abound

i had a feeling this would happen: it's been months since i've even looked at this thing. oh well i suppose - life is what happens when we're busy making plans...
so here are a few things that have happened over the past few months, to remind myself of how beautiful (and crazy at times!) my life really is:

  • beautiful orcas island for theo's birthday celebration in september
  • a fantastic, exhilerating spaaaaaaa day with my beautiful friend, joy - what an amazing way to relax and rejuvenate. this was something i've always wanted to do but just haven't - truthfully, i never understood the effects of going to a spa until now...i haven't felt that good in a long time and neither has my skin! i made a resolution to go once a month, at least
  • a revelation that i'm allergic to soy milk! i'd been breaking out like a 13-year old and a dumb dermatologist said it was hormones. well, the estrogen in the soy milk was making my hormones go crazy! thank god for the internet and a wealth of information for me to find! and no more teen break outs! and no more wanting-to-kill-myself pms. yikes.
  • a gorgeous day at snoqualmie falls with theo - just as summer turns to fall and all the leaves started to turn...
  • history in the making: obama is elected president! what an amazing victory, in so many ways.
  • i've stepped out and made plans for my fabulous trip to bali in march. i can't hardly wait. i can't believe i'm doing this. i've followed this girl's blog and only dreamed of going to bali with her, then i realized I CAN DO THIS! thanks to my wonderful third cousin, margaret (rest in peace), i can afford to do this. so i did it. i got the time off, made the flight reservations, and am doing it. i don't think the reality of it has set in yet...
  • a realization that i need god in my life, in my relationships, in my everyday. i've always been spiritual, religious to an extent, but never realized until now that i need god to be the base of everything i do. otherwise, i could probably do 'it' but perhaps not with the grace, understanding, patience, or guidance that god can provide. i am open to the guidance. i pray that my heart will be softened and my eyes and ears will be open to the guidance. i look forward to the lessons...

No comments:

allow me to (re)introduce myself

I started this blog in 2008. That’s 10 years ago. I wrote in it about 25 times, the last in 2011. It’s interesting looking back at the posts...